Fall foliage season is about to bring thousands of visitors from all across the globe to our beautiful area to watch the leafs changing color and to be amazed and inspired for months to come. To help with getting the most out of your Airbnb home, Dino Alexander of the Alluvion Vacations shares some of his top fall exterior decorating ideas that will make your Airbnb home stand out from the rest and get you the most bookings this fall season in the Hudson Valley and Catskills. Read on to get inspired on how to decorate your Airbnb home and once you’re done check out the Seasonal Airbnb Photography Package from Alluvion Media that can help you update your listing with stunning seasonal photos in less than 48 hours!
Fall Decorating Ideas for your Airbnb Home in the Hudson Valley – by Dino Alexander, Alluvion Vacations – Hudson Valley’s Top Vacation Rental Management Agency
Top 5 fall decorating ideas that add warmth
- Add pops of fall colors like yellow, orange, or rust to the interior and exterior of your home by using dried plants, pillows, and vases/pots.
- Add a vertical element to dark spaces and hallways to give them more depth. A vertical bouquet of dried shrub branches can do the trick.
- Spruce some pumpkins around the house! Place one on each side of the front door or place several down your driveway. As always when it comes to decorating hospitality experiences like Airbnb homes, never use perishable items or live plants and stick with the safe yet beautiful faux options.
- Decorate with an indoor chandelier outside by stringing it between two tall trees and letting it hang over your property, creating an elegant look and feel to greet guests arriving at night!
Decorations that reveal the beauty of nature this season
Beautiful, lush greenery and bursting fall foliage make the Hudson Valley a truly stunning place to explore year-round. To set the perfect stage and highlight the natural beauty of this area, follow these simple tips.
- Use inexpensive materials like burlap or grapevine wreaths, pumpkins, gourds, cornstalks, and straw bales.
- Mix in some colorful flowers like mums, pansies, or marigolds. Add a few candles in small glass votives (or battery-operated tea lights). You can also use hurricane lamps with small white candles to create an intimate feel. Place them throughout the home so they can be seen through large windows and doors at night.
- Add fall-themed metal window clings that say Welcome and Home Sweet Home to welcome guests.
- Hang oversized signs that read Happy Fall or pumpkin stencils on walls.
- Put up hay bales outside your front door as decoration or leave trees by the driveway as a friendly welcome mat.
- Consider adding a welcome gift like a fresh fruit basket for each reservation.
Fall decorations that are budget-friendly
– Stock up on fall décor in the front and backyards like pumpkins, faux fruit trees, urns, and leaf piles.
– String up some paper garlands in the front entryway and across a banister or mantel.
– Fall pillows are a great way to transform any chair or sofa into a cozy place to read and relax.
– For outside decks or patios, fill hanging baskets with dry flower arrangements that will give off a nice scent. Use moss-covered pieces of wood as a base.
– Fill an outdoor table with all sorts of dried items, like gourds, leaves, and small corn stalks. Add an array of candles in different colors and sizes around the table for ambiance.
– Throw down a few blankets on the ground outside and light votives for a perfect outdoor picnic spot!
– Bring branches inside near windowsills to make them look more welcoming during this time of year.
Easy decorations you can do yourself
Before the leaves start to fall, stock up on seasonal supplies like pumpkins, gourds, and hay bales. Hang a cluster of multi-colored wreaths throughout the front and rear doors. Place a decorative oversized burlap or chevron banner over the doorway or across an open window. Line the porch with strings of hanging orange lights that have been strung together with a clear fishing line. Create your own Halloween scene by setting out some fake spider webs, plastic spiders, and tiny bats. Add some fake cobwebs on trees around the house to make it seem like you’ve lived there all year round!
Looking for a relaxing hustle-free vacation home? We’ve got you covered.
As seasoned professionals in the real estate, hospitality, and vacation rental industry, we know exactly what it takes to make your vacation home ownership in Hudson Valley or the Catskill region a success. Let us take care of the details so you can just enjoy yourself while generating extra income from your vacation home.
Why? Because we want you to come back to your vacation home and enjoy your vacation instead of dealing with property management and hustling Airbnb business on your own! That’s why our focus is on making your experience of renting out your home on Airbnb as seamless as possible by offering attentive, prompt customer service, world-class marketing, and best-in-class hospitality management. From interior design, hospitality amenities, booking to check-in, and every point in between, let us take care of basically everything, so all you have to do is come back and enjoy your vacation home and relax.
Give us a call at 845-518-2750 or learn more at alluvionvacations.com.